Rodent Extermination in the Greater Rochester Area & Surrounding Areas
You know you can count on Rochester Pest Pro. to take care of your rodents. If you've noticed the signs of a rodent infestation in your home or office, get in touch with us right away to schedule a cost effective inspection. We also offer quarterly maintenance service every 3 months to our customers covering insects & rodents.
3 Facts About Rodents
Dealing with a rodent infestation isn't just gross-rodents can also be a health hazard. Because of their biology and behavior, rodents can transport diseases. For example, mouse urine contains allergens that can be a major cause of asthma and sinus inflammation. Here are three more facts about rodents you should know:
- The average mouse produces over 100 droppings per day
- Small rodents can fit into a hole the size of a dime
- A mouse's gnawing on wiring can start a fire
- Rats reproduce every 19-23 days and are ready to mate again in 2 days.
- Rats typically have 7 litters a year. It takes little time to have a large scale rat infestation.
- Mice reproduce slower and typically have 2 litters a year.
- Rats and mice can bite up to six times a second. They have no problem with chewing into and through your AC ducting, electrical wires, TV cables or anything else in your attic or crawl space.
- Rats can climb walls and even swim under water to get where they want to be.
Protect your home from rodents-make an appointment with Rochester Pest Pro today. We offer fast and affordable mice extermination services based in Henrietta, NY and throughout the Greater Rochester Area.
- Rodents tend to gravitate to warm air currents or where food odors emerge
- Place temper-resistant statin according to rodent pressures and history of activity: usually 15-30 feet for rats, and 8-12 feet or mice
- Place bait or traps around all entry doors