March 3, 2022
Nobody wants to have mice in their dwelling place. Rochester, NY has clear representations of each season— temperate springs and autumns, cold, snowy winters, and bright, warm summers. This means we get a lot of mice in our homes and businesses because mice can complete every part of their activity cycle in Rochester. Breeding and raising young in the spring and summer (though they can raise young all year long), securing resources in the autumn, and hunkering down in a warm place in the winter.
Recently, we talked about the problems mice cause in apartments and other rental buildings. These range from spoiled food to scattered feces to chewed wiring to leptospirosis. A mouse problem caused by a little negligence can take down someone’s whole business. Landlords should have a pest prevention and control maintenance plan in place so that there is never a problem to address in the first place.
Rochester Pest Pro has a special deal on right now. We have three programs available: one for residential rodents, one for residential insects and rodents, and an exterior spray program. If you schedule and pay for a 2022 pest prevention and control package by March 23rd, you could save up to $400. Landlords, don’t miss this bargain.
Between inspections and treatments by Rochester Pest Pro, there are some good habits that landlords can maintain to keep their buildings free of mice and other pests.
- Hire a professional HVAC company to regularly maintain airways.
- Use a professional cleaning service to remove pests and pathogens from items like carpet.
- Seal areas that may crack or gap, like windows, doors, and foundations.
- Use door sweeps on all doors.
- Keep the plumbing in good repair.
- Have units cleaned thoroughly after each tenant vacates and re-inspected before a new tenant moves in.
- Be on the lookout for non-motile pests like molds.
- Provide each tenant with papers that detail the regional laws dealing with landlord responsibilities.
Rochester Pest Pro protects our community with integrated pest management (IPM), a process that starts when we get your call or message and continues step by step until we’re following up. To learn more about our services and take advantage of our deal that will be available until March 23rd, call (585) 486-4815 or contact us on our website.